Yes, you can use DSLR lenses on a mirrorless camera. But some of the cameras will require you to buy an adapter to mount the lens to the lens to the camera you can use some of the cheap adapters to mount the lens but if you have a camera that has an electronic autofocus image stabilization features and aperture you are required to invest on signal conversions
WHAT IS A MIRRORLESS CAMERA?
A marrowless camera does not require a mirror and does not have an optical viewfinder, and mostly its imaging sensor is always exposed to light at all time
What is a DSLR camera?
A DSLR camera (digital-single reflex camera) it is a camera the combines the optical mechanism with a single lens to the digital sensor
DSLR > IMAGE >CAMERA SENSOR > OPTICAL VIEW >( lens )>SCREEN
In the DSLR camera first, we have the image is sent to the camera’s sensor which then sends it to the optical view then though the lens the image is sent to the screen
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MIRRORLESS CAMERA AND A DSLR CAMERA
|They are lighter||They are slightly heavy|
|They are small in size||They are huge compared to a marrowless camera|
|They have an improved autofocus mechanism||They are less improved, but they have better autofocus on moving objects|
|With marrowless cameras the preview you get on the screen||You get to see accurately what the camera has captured|
|They are the best for video shooting||They use slower or less accurate detection focus method|
|They are the best when you want to capture more photos at a higher shutter speed||You cant take more clear photos compared to mirrorless cameras at a higher shutter speed|
|They have a less battery life because you are supposed to use LCD lights and also use screens for preview||They have a longer battery life|
|They are restricted to a number f lenses||One is offered several lenses from different companies and manufacturers|
BEST CAMERA TO USE FOR A BEGINNER
Between a mirrorless and a DSLR, if you are new in the film and photography industry, I suggest that you invest in a DSLR camera because it does not have more and complicated functions, and it is pocket friendly.
With a beginner the DSLR camera is more suitable because it can focus faster then it can shoot faster and also has an excellent viewfinder, and it will give you a suitable and excellent image quality but not than a mirrorless camera which gives you the best quality
TOP 5 MIRRORLESS CAMERAS
- Sony a7III has a fast autofocus ability and also has a full-frame image sensor; it is also a touch screen. It has a high ISO sensitivity that can help you best quality in poor lighting twithought getting the digital noise in your images.
- FUJIFILM X-T3 is a good camera because it has the black illuminated X-trans CMOS4 SENSOR and has a 4K movie recording and a film simulation modes that help in the boosting the color and range in their scope from all saturation to target a specific tone and a large EVF.
- SONY 7R IV has a very stunning resolution, and high speed in continuous shooting helps you capture every frame. It also has fast hybrid autofocus that helps you have your images in focus very fast without experiencing the blur and also has a 15-stop three dynamic range.
- NICON Z6 the NICON Z6has an exceptional image quality that makes your output excellent and admirable and it has 237 focus points it also comes with a Bluetooth inbuilt system that you can connect with your device and the best fact is that it has a superior IQ
- CANON EOS RP the CANON EOS RP has 4FPS continuous shooting ability, which means you can take multiple pictures at once, then it is the lightest full-frame camera. It also has a 3” LCD vari-angle touch screen and also has a blue tooth.
TOP 5 DSLR CAMERA
- NIKON D5600 the NICON D5600 has a perfect battery life which helps you to have efficient time while filming has an external microphone that help’s to connect to get the best sound
- CANON EOS 6D MARK II the CANON EOS 6D MARK II has a perfect battery life of 1200shots and also has an improved autofocus system and also has an average live view and movie AF
- CANON EOS 90D the CANON 90D it has an excellent 4K video shooting ability then has a robust feature set and an articulated touch screen LCD
- NICON 7500D the NICON 7500D has a high sensor and processor and also has a lot of traditional control that makes it classic and it also has a tilting touch-sensitive screen
- CANON 7D MARK II the CANON 7D MARK II has an enhanced environmental sealing and also has a dual Digic 6 processors and a 20 MP dual – pixel AF CMOS sensor
WHATS THE AVERAGE BATTERY LIFE OF A MIRRORLESS CAMERA
When using a mirrorless camera even if you turn off the LCD lights to save some energy the camera still uses its electric energy to power the viewfinder so the optimum battery life can be averagely 300 shots
DO MIRRORLESS CAMERAS HAVE A SHUTTER COUNT?
Some suspicions say that some mirrorless cameras have a shutter count, but that might not be accurate it can just be a digital count, that is because the mirrorless camera does not use a mechanical mirror to reflect the image to the optical viewfinder and the image sensor
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A CAMERA REACHES THE SHUTTER COUNT?
Then you reach the optimum shutter count the manufactures can’t promise the continued use of the shutter that means that if the shutter breaks there will not be taking of photos, that cant is a hindrance because nowadays the cameras are made with a high shutter that cant spoil as soon as you buy it.
CAN YOU REPLACE A CAMERA SHUTTER?
Yes one can replace the shutter of a camera that is if the camera has not exhausted its technological count and you can use it again
HOW DO YOU FIX A STUCK CAMERA SHUTTER
You should make sure that your camera is set to manual then you turn off any features that may be draining the battery, and you are supposed to set your camera to the lowest shutter as possible
DO MIRRORLESS CAMERA LAST LONGER THAN DSLR?
Yes, we can say that the mirrorless cameras last longer than the DSLR cameras. That is because who can need a continuous shooting of more than 300 photos with ought changing the battery? And there are several accessories of the third party like the camera lenses than that of the mirrorless cameras
BEST BRAND THAT has MIRRORLESS CAMERAS
- Nikon Z6
- Sony Alpha A7 III
- Fujifilm x-T30
- Sony A6100
- Sony A7R IV
- Panasonic Lumix S1R
BEST TRAVEL MIRRORLESS CAMERA
- Sony RX100 – it is small it has one sensor professional setting it has 4k video it is lightweight thus is useful for movement and its friendly for beginner
- Sony A7 III – it has professional setting has a full-frame sensor has an excellent low light ability thus can be used under low light conditions it has 4K video it has interchangeable lenses
- Sony A6600 has a professional setting and a large APS-C sensor. It has a 4K video and interchangeable lenses and a flip screen
BEST LENSES FOR TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHY
- Canon EF 24-105mm f/3.5-6 IS STM which is lightweight, and its focus is near silence autofocus and has a good stabilization
- Nikon AF DX 1800mm f/3.5.6G ED VR II has the best image quality, and its handling is refined
- Fujifilm 18-135mm f/3.5-6 WR LM R OIS has a zoom range of 27-206 mm which is active and has excellent handling and a 5-stop stabilizer